Blueberry Goji Pie
Brimming with bits of Goji Berries and sweetened with Coconut Palm Sugar, this superfood blueberry pie is sure to delight traditional pie lovers and health foodies alike.
1 batch favorite homemade, double crust pie dough
6 cups organic blueberries
1/4 cup Navitas Organics Goji Berries
3/4 cup Navitas Organics Coconut Palm Sugar
zest from 1 organic lemon
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose or light spelt flour
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. On a clean surface dusted with flour, roll out half of the dough into a 1/4”-1/8” thick circle. Lay it in a 9" pie dish (the dough should extend a bit past the rim) and place in the refrigerator.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Roll out the other half of the pie dough into a 1/4”-1/8” thick circle. Cut strips for lattices or leave it whole. Lay the dough flat on the baking sheet and place in the refrigerator.
3. Place the blueberries in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a food processor, combine Goji Berries and Coconut Palm Sugar. Blitz until the berries become tiny pieces, about 1 minute. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt, and pulse to combine.
4. Pour the coconut sugar mixture onto the blueberries and, using your hands, gently mix together. Add in 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat.
5. Pour the blueberries into the prepared pie shell. Drape the top dough over the berries, crimp the edges, and cut slits into the top if the dough is whole.
6. Brush the top dough with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
7. Place the pie on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 45-55 minutes. Enjoy warm.
Submitted by Meredith Rosenbluth