Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Pancakes Recipe
1¾ cups milk of choice, room temperature
Preheat oven to 300˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Makes 15 servings
Submitted by Jessica Italiano | Sturbridge Bakery
These fluffy, spiced pancakes are infused with the warm flavors of pumpkin and studded with decadent chunks of semi-sweet chocolate. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a cozy morning treat, these pancakes are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1¾ cups milk of choice, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
1 cup Navitas Organics Semi-sweet Cacao Wafers, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a measuring cup or bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Let sit for a few minutes to create your buttermilk.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin purée, butter, vanilla, and egg until well combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until a batter forms.
- Add chopped cacao wafers and fold together until evenly incorporated throughout batter. Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle to low-medium heat and grease, if needed.
- Use an ice cream scoop or ladle to spoon batter onto pan, cooking a few at a time as to not overcrowd pan. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side until edges are completely set and there are bubbles on the surface.
- Place pancakes on prepared baking sheet and into oven to stay warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat if necessary.
Top finished pancakes with maple syrup, chopped nuts, whipped cream, fruit, etc., if desired, and enjoy!