½ Cup Coconut Oil
½ tsp Baking Soda
1½ tsp Orange Zest
⅓ Cup Navitas Organics Cacao Nibs
⅓ Cup Orange Juice
¼ Cup Yacon Syrup
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¾ Cup Navitas Organics Coconut Palm Sugar
¾ Cup Brown Rice Flour
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- In a small cup, combine orange juice and sprouted flax. Set flax mixture aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk buckwheat flour, brown rice flour and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix palm sugar, yacon syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, flax mixture, salt and orange zest. Mix in the cacao nibs. Add in the flours and mix until just incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Allow to cool completely before transferring off pan.
- Cookies are delicious fresh, but even better the next day. Store in an airtight container. Makes 2 dozen.
Makes: 2 dozen
Submitted by: Julie Morris