We recognize the urgency of climate change we’re facing in our lifetimes. At Navitas Organics, we are committed to using our business as a force for good. By sourcing from small-scale, sustainable and organic farms, and focusing on plant-based products, we are reducing the environmental impact we put on our food system and planet. After more than 15 years of supporting this effort, we’re re-framing our mission statement to align more intentionally with this purpose to help with the transition to a plant-focused lifestyle into 2020 and beyond.
MISSION: We are committed to creating a healthier world through regenerative organic farming and plant-focused lifestyles
You can do the same by voting with your dollars – choosing organic is one small, but important way you can also be a force for good! And while understanding organic can seem like an overwhelming, complicated or even intimidating feat, the reality is that it's a lot easier and more intuitive than you might think! Here are some helpful resources to help you get started.
Understanding Organic Blogs
Understanding Organic Videos
Organic Food Quiz Videos
Organic vs. Conventional Agriculture Infographic References
- DoSomething.org, “11 Fats About Sustainable Agriculture”. <https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-sustainable-agriculture>.
- Tyrant Farms, “5 Organic Farming Facts You Should Know”. <https://www.tyrantfarms.com/5-organic-farming-facts-you-should-know/>.
- Alavanja, Michael C.R., Dr. P.H., “Pesticide Use and Exposure Extensive Worldwide”. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. < https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2946087/>.
- University of Michigan Center for Sustainable Systems, “U.S. Food System Fact Sheet”. <http://css.umich.edu/factsheets/us-food-system-factsheet>.
- Center for Food Safety, “About Sewage Sludge”. <https://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/issues/1050/sewage-sludge/about-sewage-sludge>.
- The Rich Roll Podcast, “Zach Bush, M.D. on GMO’s, Glyphosate, and Healing the Gut”. <https://www.richroll.com/podcast/zach-bush-353/>.